Research and Development Support
Research & Development (R&D) is a key area, not only for increasing the competitiveness of your company, but also for further development of the whole country. The Czech government will e.g. support the R&D through the Support Programme for Applied Research and Experimental Development “Trio” with an amount of 6.15 billion CZK from 2016 to 2021.
Why should you be interested in R&D?
- As a company investing in further development you will get a competitive advantage, enhance your profitability and your reputation. Your effort might also be financially supported by one of the existing grant programmes.
- In addition to direct financial support, you will also be able to deduct a special tax deductible item from your tax base. This item can include, in particular, your own costs connected with R&D (e.g. wages and material).
- Additionally, if you declare a tax loss or your tax base is not enough, you will be able to claim the deductible item within the next three years.
What exactly can be understood from this term?
- R&D is a term for systematic creative activities performed in order to acquire new knowledge. The so-called assessable novelty factor and clarification of the research or technical uncertainty are essential for the recognition of R&D as a tax deductible item.
- Unfortunately, the Czech legislation does not exactly define what can still be classified as innovation and what can already be considered as R&D. For this reason we provide our clients with an opponent report prepared by a specialised university department.
How can we help you?
- We will specify the activities that can be included in R&D
- We will provide you with an opponent report prepared in cooperation with a chosen university that will determine whether you meet the criteria of the novelty factor
- We will examine the fulfilment conditions for the application of the tax deductible item
- We will analyse the existing accounting system in the R&D projects and suggest steps to maximise the deductible item
- We will determine the costs for the R&D projects, the calculation of the amount of the deductible item
- We will prepare or verify the documentation for the application of the deductible item (during the inspection by the Tax Administration)
- We will prepare a request for the binding assessment of expenditure (for the Tax Administration that will then confirm the correct amount of the deductible item)
- We will assess the possibility of obtaining state aid (grants)
Do not contemplate whether your activities fall under R&D and whether you have properly solved the tax and accounting issues, focus on the further development of your research activities and leave the rest to us.
_e( 'Interested in this topic? Contact:', 'Moore Stephens') ?>
Tel: +420 379 733 511
Tel: +420 515 915 150